Check out a cool party reportage
Compo results at Pouet
Here are the results for all of the compos. Great amount of entries with a lot of variety this year. Congratulations to all the winners!
Thank you for great event
This years event is now over. Alternative Party wants to thank all the visitors, speakers, artists, sceners, exhibitors, sponsors, partners and ALL of you for a warm and lovely event we got.
Cable Factory - the party place
The party place is the Cable factory in Helsinki, Finland. It is a former Nokia cable factory (closed in 1987) and the building is home to many art projects, companies and culture events. Our event is located in the Merikaapelihalli, which is the largest hall in the building and often used for large-scale fairs and techno parties. It used to be the hall where the largest heavy duty cables were manufactured. In other parts of the building, Nokia developed and tested for decades what would become their main product - the mobile phones.
In old party tradition we have a PA system which can be described as 'sufficient', a big screen and a top quality video projector. Some other features of the place:
- Capacity for at least 1000 people - including 150+ computer places (for a computer place buy a Edgerunner's Party Experience Ticket + bring your own extension cord & Ethernet cable).
- LAN and WLAN network connections.
- Many restaurants on-location and nearby for a variety of tastes.
- Friendly security staff with a demoscene background.
- A technology and art exhibition.
- Sleeping areas.
- Showers available.
- We accept cash, Finnish debit cards (pankkikortti), , , and .
- Public parking available around the Cable Factory. See map.
This Location section contains the practical information for your visit at Alternative Party.
Finally, check the rules.
Blog postsRead more …
Read more …
Read more …