This is the Alternative Party manifesto for 2007.
- Support all kinds of machines and hardware innovation, both old and new. Embrace the eccentric. Something which is sadly disappearing as time goes by.
- Understand difference. Everyone is an individual. Let them have the right to be that and to implement it in the way they feel.
- Accept creativity in all its forms. Do not shut something out because it is odd. Allow art to flow, both good and bad, in its variety of forms. Diversity is not our enemy, it is who we are. We are not a monolith. What is our image? Our image is that allowance.
- Do not distance ourselves from the audience. Yes, we make decisions. We organise things. Many people will not be happy with the result. We cannot please everyone. Let that not stop us from having a beer with the sceners and visitors, or talking to them or listening to their wacky ideas and laughing at and with them. Let us not be lofty people high up in their closed up booths. Let us instead walk amongst those who have kindly agreed to check out our ideas. Openness is good.
- Flexibility. If someone has a problem or an idea, talk to them instead of shutting them out and blindly following the rules. We are the final authority, but we do not have to be nasty about it.
- Allow organisers the freedom to create as well and to have fun. For them to leave their own artistic or organisational mark. This is not a serious business, but something people should enjoy, on both sides of the fence. An emphasis on perfection will only stifle experimentation and freedom. Make sure promised things happen but allow people to be proud of what they do.
- Be a force for change, not maintenance. Even when it means destroying something.
by Kristoffer "Setok" Lawson