- All entries must be submitted via our intranet - where applicable.
- Use descriptive filenames.
- At least one of the authors of the entry must be present at the party.
- There may be pre-screenings during the party. Entries can be disqualified because of their content or, for example, because there is no machine the entry can run on. The organisers have ultimate power.
- Any machine running a competition entry in the competition may not be connected to the Internet. The entries may contain net-using features but they must work without the net, too.
Alternative Demo Competition
- You know what a demo is, right? If not, see Wikipedia's description.
- The purpose of this competition is to bring out new ideas in demos, whatever the platform and method. A field for creativity.
- Maximum length is 8 minutes, or until we get bored.
- We wish to continue to push this idea from Alt V as we believe it to be one worth exploring.
- Dynamic demos will be shown twice as part of the main demo competition and will compete with the other demos there.
- In addition, they will be ranked in their own series and the best will receive their own good prizes (TBA). Note that this means that a good dynamic demo can win two prizes — both in the normal category as well as the dynamic one!
- The demo must be noticeably different every time it is run. It can use randomisation or evolution or any other technique to accomplish this. Your mind is the limit.
- How exactly it should change is left for the participants to decide, though be warned that watching the same demo with only slight randomisation can be boring.
- Untraditionally for demos, dynamic demos may write to the disk for the purpose of evolution.
Telephone Queue Music Competition
- Music to be played in a telephone queue or f.ex. a lift.
- Maximum playing time is 45 seconds.
- The entry should be in MP3 or OGG format.
- Design a logo for Alternative Party.
- Allowed file formats: SVG, PS, PDF, GIF, PNG, JPEG, TIFF
Music Video Competition
- Maximum length is 5 minutes or until we get bored.
- The video must be delivered as an MPEG file.
- The music or the video must not have been previously released or distributed.
- The production must state the names of the artist and the song at the beginning of the video.
- You have ten minutes to give the audience a presentation using a microphone and a computer running either Microsoft PowerPoint or OpenOffice.org Impress.
- A maximum of two people are allowed to participate in the presentation
- The presentation file (one .ppt or .sxi file) must be submitted to organisers beforehand. You may not use other files.
- You may use whatever you can embed into the file - macros, pictures, music - you name it.
Most Obscure Computer Competition
- As usual we will pick the most obscure, strange or rare machine or piece of hardware we can find.
More competitions to be announced.