The [ALT] Magazine
The first issue (0x0000) of the 76-page A5-sized [ALT] magazine was released in August 2003 at Assembly '03. It covers everything from matters of the demoscene to commentary to poetry. 200 copies were printed, of which about 150 were distributed at Assembly. The demand was even greater than we expected. This issue is sold out.
The second issue (0x0001) was released at Alternative Party V. Get your own copy while there are still some left! The price for one copy is 2 € (plus postage).
The next issue (0x0002) is to be released at Alternative Party in January 2005. Start writing!
[ALT] 0x0000 Contents
- Editorial by Kristoffer "Setok" Lawson
- Ada Lovelace, The Founder of Scientific Computing by Mikko "Ravel" Tuomela
- How the Oric Demo Scene Was Created From Nothing by Mickaël "Dbug" Pointier
- Our Future by Antti Silvast / Bandwagon
- Eliteness Uncovered by Maija "DiamonDie" Haavisto
- The Mystery of the Binary by Viznut
- SceneParty Diary of an Alcohol Abuser by aBHO
- Kokeellisen elektroniikan seura tiedottaa by Antti Ahonen
- Producing an Alternative Magazine now and 30 Years Ago by Olli Stålström
- Nemesis 3: The Eve of Destruction by Mikko "Ravel" Tuomela
- Unssi-Art by Diamondienpikkusisko/Numedia Cyclops
- CAFe'2003 - A Bridge Between Two Worlds by Pavel Yarmoltchouk
- Scenedragon by Maija "DiamonDie" Haavisto
- Seinä by Titti Malmivirta
- Assembly Organisers Interviewed by Setok & Ravel
- Problem med universitetstudiet by Taneli Saastamoinen
- What Is MSX? Yesterday and Tomorrow by Nyyrikki
- Crypto by DiamonDie
- Movie Quote Quiz by Mikko "Ravel" Tuomela
- Whack for Vic-20 by Aleksi Eeben
- Poems by Maija "DiamonDie" Haavisto
- Invite Them Over For Tea, Hilda by Kristoffer Lawson
- Vosu by Maripilvi
DTP: Mikko "Ravel" Tuomela (thanks to Marquee)
Cover: Kristoffer Lawson with patterns by Maripilvi
Thanks to Fishpool Creations
- Taneli Saastamoinen's article Problem med universitetstudiet was printed only partially. Read the full article here.
- The table of contents lacks Vosu by Maripilvi.